GENERAL ENGLISH – BEGINNERS LESSON SEVEN – INTRODUCING PEOPLE

April 19, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-




GENERAL ENGLISH – BEGINNERS LESSON SEVEN – INTRODUCING PEOPLE


1.   A colleague. (Someone you work with.)
2.  A boss.  (Someone you work for.)
       3.  A neighbour. (Someone who lives near or next door to you.)

4.  A classmate. (A friend in your class.)
5. A friend.

POSSESSIVE NOUNS AND ADJECTIVES
         
        SUBJECT PRONOUN       POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES                      
                  I                                my
                You                           your
                He                                his
                She                            her
                We                            our
                 They                           their

POSSESSIVE NOUNS

-    Martin Grey is Tom’s boss.
-    We are Sara’s neighbours.
-   I am Mrs Dallaa’s student.
-    We are Peter’s and George’s colleagues.
-    Abdul’s classmate is Lamia.

POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES

-       He is his boss.
-       We are her neighbour’s
-       She is my teacher.
-       We are their classmates.
-       Lamia is his colleague.

BE FORM – QUESTIONS WITH WHERE

YES/NO QUESTIONS

    Are you from Singapore?
-  Yes I am.
-   No I’m not.

Is she from Moscow?
-   Yes she is.
-   No she isn’t.

WHERE QUESTIONS

Where are you from?
-   We’re from Singapore.

Where do you live?
-     I live in Manchester.

Where’s he from?
-  He’s from France.

NOTE
Are you from Spain?
-  Yes I am.  J
-  NOT – Yes I’m from. L

CONVERSATION EXAMPLE

HELEN: Tim, this is Hiba. Hiba’s my classmate.
TIM: Hello, Hiba.
HIBA: Hello, Tim. Nice to meet you.
TIM: Nice to meet you, too.
        
JJJ