GRAMMAR – BEGINNING – LESSON FOUR – NOUNS AND PRONOUNS

April 29, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-





GRAMMAR – BEGINNING – LESSON FOUR – NOUNS AND PRONOUNS

 NOUNS NAME PEOPLE, PLACES, THINGS, EMOTIONS AND IDEAS.

-       People = Nelson Mandela.
-       Things = a chair.
-       Emotions = love.
-       Ideas = an idea.


Examples

-       That woman is a pilot.
-       That city is fascinating
-       I use my computer everyday.
-       Love is what makes the world a better place.
-       He had a great idea.



PRONOUNS

PRONOUNS REPRESENT NOUNS. THEY CAN TAKE THE PLACE OF A NOUN.

SUBJECT PRONOUNS SINGULAR

-       I
-       You
-       He
-       She
-       It

SUBJECT PRONOUNS PLURAL

-       We
-       You
-       They

 EXAMPLES

I am a pilot. (I - pronoun – pilot – noun.)
He went to the movies.
They are doctors.
You are a student.
You are students.

JJJ